Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Top 20% Runner - OMG where did that ever come from???

Just finished a race tonight running around the city of San Francisco for the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge.


It's a 5k (actually 3.65 miles) and I treated it as (1) a fun time and (2) to test a fast pace

I set the goal to be under a 10 minute mile pace...perhaps I was not aggressive enough...ended up as a 8:32 minute per mile pace....feel great about that one.

And then I saw the results...I was placed 503 / 3168 females...which means I was Top 16%.


Wow! Yes I'll concede this might be a fun corporate run, but still you always get the crazy fast pacers in any race, so I am super chuffed that I was so high in the rankings.

Now I have to train to keep a fast pace...with distance....after doing a bike and swim.

General Training Update
General training has picked up now. Joined a power cycling class that I'm trying to do 2x per week and also joined a swim masters class (the 1x per month in San Diego or a race was not going to cut it) and let's see what I get in the schedule.

Running seems to be more fun lately - varying up routines with intervals and locations by driving to new cities and trails to explore.

I'm telling myself to do more core and strength and flexibility...if I keep telling myself I might get to it...

60 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment