Sunday, December 26, 2010

Down time for sickness

I went swimming on Christmas Eve and I just felt off - sluggish and slow and not quite able to move my body. For the most part I can claim this is due to my level of fitness, except I then got out the pool and felt dizzy and sick in my stomach.
This continued on Christmas and today - so I'm calling it officially sick days.

In the pool I did practice some swim techniques: sculling, leg floats, and dead man swimming (no arms and rotating torso only to move forward).
I also read about the goal of becoming more efficient by reducing the number of strokes it takes to get across a certain distance.
I tried this out in the 25M pool and including the push-off it started at 27 strokes but then got to a more consistent 24/25 strokes per 25 meters.
I felt proud of myself as a base set - and looking forward to getting this better over time. I don't know what it "should be" or "could be" in the improvement factor and assumed I could get to a 20 strokes level and without the push off.

My bubble got deflated when I asked the husband to try the same technique and he replied "my strokes were 17 with the push off and 20 without". Uurgh! And he claims to NOT be a swimmer at all.

Merry Christmas to all. I ended up watching many many movies on the couch to rest up. Next week is back to work and back to training.

No comments:

Post a Comment