Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Running with Garmin Forerunner 405CX

For Christmas I requested a watch I could run with for training and there was a special at Costco for the Garmin ForeRunner 405CX at $210. So now I have a new watch to track my training with.

I took it for the run this morning which was a warmup followed by HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) at 8x30 second pickups with 8x 30 sec recovery jogs and finishing with a cool down.

I uploaded the workout of 43 minutes to the Garmin Connect site and got this nice little graph. The pickups were between miles 1.8 and 2.8 where you can see the up and down evenly paced.


I thought that was the fastest I had gone, but based on this graph the downhill section in the loop I did helped me be a bit faster than in the HIIT sections.

Overall was 43 minutes and 3.6 miles with average pace of 11:58 minutes per mile.
I have a way to go of course in my training, but  I expect to get better and being able to track and see progress will be motivational.

No comments:

Post a Comment