Monday, July 11, 2011

10 pounds in 10 weeks!!

This weekend I broke the 140 pounds (10 stone) mark!! First time I've weighed less than 140 in 15 years!

Been focusing on overall fitness more for 10 weeks. Weight not the 'goal' as rather the ability to have mote muscle, strength, and power in my fitness.

Watching my food intake in terms of ratios - more protein, less carbs, lower glycemic index foods, and healthy days.

Happy to report the 10 pounds weight loss!!! Woo hoo!!

I did get my BMI done 2 weeks ago too from my new physical therapist...not good news here...31% body fat. Ouch!!!

Why does it have to measure all my weak spots (back arms, stomach) rather than my wrists or ankles???

So I'm taking the diet advice to allow next focus to be about BMI. This means lowering my fat weight, but if I put on more muscle my overall weight may not go down.

Happy with that ...my goal is to be fit and healthy. The scale is just a number!!!

Location:San Francisco

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you Lucy, it's not what the scales say. I've hardly lost any weight for 6 months but have gone down 2 dress sizes! Well done though honey you are doing so well. Sallyann xxx

    ReplyDelete