Friday, July 29, 2011

Pre-day Race Jitters

It's 7pm and there is less than 12 hours to race start....of a full ironman aquabike distance.

I'm definitely in "OMG" mode!!!!

Had a busy week at work meaning I've planned for the travel here for 0% of the time ...

Packed at 2pm this afternoon and printed a list from the Internet of what I need.

Realized I had no food other than GUs and CliffBars. Hmmm.
Quick trip to the store to try and plan out what my body might allow on this mammoth bike course...

Food choices include banana, vitamin water, and PB&J on muffins. Do my stomach proud guys!



I'm pretty exhausted too right now, no sleep last night from a work outing (very fun but paying the price!). Slept somewhat in the car and trying to keep my eyes open whilst I get some dinner (pizza, mac n cheese)...and then find the local hotel I'm booked in.

Have not done any practice or scouting of the course - that makes me nervous as can't plan what to expect. Guess I'm going to treat it like an Adventure Race...you'll end up at the end somehow and just plan for the unexpected!

More to come with the race report.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:McClelland Dr,Windsor,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment