Saturday, August 6, 2011

A different kind of biking in Marin

So its been a whole week since the race where I biked 112 miles (wow, still in shock here!) and I told myself I'd take a nice break and rest the body.
Ah, but then I got invited to go Mountain Biking...something I dabbled in last year...and would often have ended up with a bruise or two.

But this year I'm fitter and stronger, especially on biking, so I thought I'd have more control and confidence on the bike. Right?
So off to Marin Headlands, just north of San Francisco city, where there are tons of trails to explore.

Marin Headlands Trails

The weather tends to be foggy in the city, but often becomes clear in Marin. Today that was not the case, and it was foggy and rainy. Really...foggy....in August....in California????

Got on the bike and had my standard nervous stomach...it just tightens up until I either have my first fall or get some mileage underneath me.

Pedal pedal pedal up the hill...no matter which way I went, it seemed to be hills today? How does that happen?

Well, those hills definitely caught up to me and my fitness showed I was not as good as I thought. Seems like a difference muscle group was in use...and by the end of the cold ride...my legs felt like they'd had a good workout.

Just a nice reminder I still have much to learn and grow when it comes to biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment